Thursday, July 9, 2009

Gecko's Encouragement

Sometimes when we feel down and so desperate, we usually rely on something which would give us strength and encouragement even they appear to be weird and unreasonable. On my own personal experience, even the chirping sound of a House Gecko had given me much encouragement.

This happened when I was still in my college days, actually before my graduation in college. By the way, I finished Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Engineering in the Visayas State University which was formerly called ViSCA. Since I was just a son of a poor farmer in the Municipality of Cabucgayan in Biliran Province, I need to finish my five-year course or remained undergraduate forever since my State Scholarship Program was only good for five years which only covers the regular curriculum of my course and strictly without any extension. My greatest fear happened when one week before graduation my undergraduate thesis which was one of the requirements for graduation has not yet been approved. I was even discouraged by my terror professor who happened to be my thesis adviser to just pray and wait for a miracle to happen in order for me to graduate.

Besides all these odds, I never lost hope, instead I strived much harder just to finish my manuscript. I prayed and ask God's intercession and ask signs if I could really finish. While working for some corrections on my manuscript, a House Gecko locally known as Tuko had made a sound. I followed its sounds asking wether I can make it to the finish line. The Gecko's last sound fortunately answered - YES. I continued my work and submitted my corrected manuscript the following day. Everytime I made corrections and worked on my manuscripts, the House Gecko always made its chirping sounds and I always ask If I can really graduate. Its last sound always coincidentally answered - YES. It kept me encouraged to pursue my objective. To cut my story short, miracle did really happened in my life, why? Because, suppose to be our Student Research Coordinator and the College President were two last signatories for my manuscript approval, it so happened that a day before the deadline of passing all the requuirements, the College President had an official travel to Manila, I was really fortunate that our Student Research Coordinator (SRC) was designated the Officer-In charge of the College. When our SRC signed my manuscript at 6:00 o'clock of April 5, she signed including the name of our College President being the OIC of the college. Since my manuscript was approved, I hurriedly rushed to the Office of the College Registrar just to include my name in the roster of graduating class of SY 1986. The College Registrar had extended until twelve midnight for the submission of all the requirements for graduation. At 10 in the evening, I was offically included in the masterlist of graduating class, and that happened because of Gecko's encouragement and God's loving hand's intercession.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright (c) 2009 by Gus Dignos. All rights reserve